MV50 Rock guitar amp head, 50w
MV50 Rock guitar amp head, 50w
MV50 Rock delivers more aggressive tones reminiscent of high gain British amplifiers.
- Only 540 grams (1.1 lbs.)! An ultra-compact head amp that you can easily carry in one hand.
- In spite of its size, monster-class sound power with 50W output.
- The preamp features Nutube, the new vacuum tube that utilizes vacuum fluorescent display technology.
- Analog circuitry based on a pure design philosophy.
- EQ switch provides sound that's the perfect match for the size of the cabinet being used.
- Speaker emulated line/headphone output jack mimics the know-how of a recording engineer.
- Retro-chic design with mirror-finish front & VU meter.
- An excellent match for the BC108 or BC112 from VOX's Black Cabinet Series.
Designed with an emphasis on analogue, VOX's MV50 combines classic amplifier design with new and innovative production techniques to produce a miniature amplifier with truly monstrous sound. Boasting an incredible 50 watts of power, this one-pound package serves up serious guitar tone that's reminiscent of your favorite old tube amps. With speaker & line/headphone outputs, the MV50 is perfect for the stage, at home, or in the studio for direct recording.
The MV50 is equipped an all-analogue pre-amp circuit that features Nutube, a revolutionary new vacuum tube that produces authentic tube tone at a fraction of the size. By taking advantage of this incredible new technology, VOX's engineers were able to design a true, miniature tube amplifier. Beyond the inclusion of Nutube, the pre-amp circuit in the MV50 features a staggering number of analogue components that effectively reproduce the dynamic character of a traditional tube amp. Paired with this innovative pre-amp circuit is a reliable and efficient Class D power amp that has been specifically designed for the MV50. From warm, natural cleans to dynamic overdrives, this power amp has been engineered to respond to the nuances of your guitar and, of course, your technique.
Though designed with the compact BC108 in mind, the MV50 is a perfect match for nearly any speaker cabinet. The EQ switch on the back of the amplifier features two distinct settings, FLAT & DEEP. When connected to a small cabinet, such as the BC108, setting the amplifier to the DEEP mode will emphasize the rich low-frequency range and prevent the high frequencies from becoming too pronounced. When connected to a larger, more conventional speaker cabinet, setting the amplifier to the FLAT mode will allow you to take full advantage of the characteristics of the speaker cabinet, without emphasizing or reducing any frequency range.
When it comes time to practice or record, the MV50's line/headphone out can be directly to a mixer, audio interface, or your favorite pair of headphones. VOX's design team consulted with highly experienced recording engineers and used only the finest microphones and vintage pre-amps to design the cabinet simulation circuit in the MV50. This cleverly designed circuit allows you to record or practice with serious studio sound anywhere or anytime.
- Input/Output Jacks: INPUT x 1, LINE/PHONES x 1, SPEAKER OUT x 1
- Preamp: Nutube 6P1
- Output Power: Max 50W RMS@4Ω, 25W RMS@8Ω, 12.5W RMS@16Ω
- Power Supply: AC adapter DC19V
- Current Consumption: 3.43A
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 135mm x 100mm x 75mm/5.31" x 3.94" x 2.95"
- Weight: 540g/1.19 lbs.
- Included Items: AC adapter