- What information we collect;
- How we use that information;
- How long we hold information;
- How this information is shared;
- Your rights
Who we are
KORG (UK) Limited, a limited company registered in England is a distributor of premium brands of musical instruments.
We are the exclusive VOX distributor in the UK and Ireland.
How to contact us
KORG (UK) Limited is a Data Controller.
Please contact the KORG (UK) Limited GDPR team using the email or at the address above.
What information do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following types of personal and non-personal information from you when you contact us by phone, email, via social media, through our websites or visiting us at events:
- Name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, date of birth, financial and credit card information and other relevant information;
- When visiting our websites - internet protocol (IP) address, geographical location, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our Websites, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), language preference, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How do we use your information?
All personal information is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times.
We will only use your details to communicate news and information relating to the service we provide and
Our use of your personal information will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because it in our legitimate interests. We will not pass your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us as is necessary for the performance of our contract with you;
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us prior to entering into a contract with us;
- to provide you with information which you request from us as is in our legitimate interest to do so;
- to answer your enquiries in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to maintain our business relationship with you, where you are a user of our Websites as a customer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to notify you about changes to our service as is in our legitimate interests to do so;
We may also use your information for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, or post with information, news and offers about our products and events, as follows:
- to provide you with information about other goods or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with where it is in our legitimate interests to do so. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving further communications from us for these purposes;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, any news or industry updates, upcoming events or other information, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving further communications from us for these purposes;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer as is in our legitimate interest;
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes so as to allow us to provide you with the best possible service and experience as is in our legitimate interest to do so.
For the purposes of the above, our ‘legitimate interests’ include the proper administration, monitoring and improvement of our business and our Websites, the promotion of our business including direct marketing and the maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of KORG (UK) Limited which includes the provision of excellent customer service and care.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC directive) Regulations 2003.
How long we keep information about you?
We do not keep your personal data any longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was original collected. Data will be retained for the length of time specified in our Retention Policy.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with any company within the KORG group of companies or, subject to appropriate agreement, to 3rd parties for the processing of that personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and the appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Within the Group
Any member of the KORG Inc. group of companies, which means KORG Inc. the ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, insofar as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
With selected 3rd parties
We may from time to time share your information with trusted 3rd where the transfer of information is a necessary part of the activities we undertake. We will only share information if we are satisfied that our business partners or service providers have sufficient measures in place to protect your information the way we would.
Information may be shared with business partners and service providers for the performance of any contract or where it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
With other parties
We may disclose information to new owners of our business in the event that we are subject of a merger or acquisition. Disclosure may be made to enable company audits, regulatory inspections or to investigate a complaint, suspicion of fraud or security threat.
We may disclose your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of KORG (UK) Limited, our customers or others.
Certain information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only transfer your personal information to third parties we can be sure can protect your privacy and your rights, for example the third party is located in a country which the EU has deemed to have adequate data protection laws in place, where that third party is certified on the EU-US Privacy Shield or where we have a contract in place with that third party which includes the European Commission's standard data protection clauses.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to ask us to delete any personal information we hold about you;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal information to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal information for particular purposes.
Withdrawal of Consent